Nowadays, more and more people adapts pet like dog and cat. Those funny little animals give us so many wonderful time in our life. But if you want to be a responsible owner, you must pay more attention to the diet of pets. Then how is dry dog food made? What’s the whole processing flow? Actually as the pet food production line is developing rapidly, there’s a professional pet food production line which can output pet food automatically. Check the following article you will get the answer.
How is dry dog food made?
- After mixing raw materials such as corn flour, wheat flour, chicken powder, etc., add water and heat to make a paste.
- The extruder will do the heating job, and then it squeezes the raw material into small pieces. There is a knife on the machine which can cut the raw material one after another.
- By changing the shape of the small holes on extruder, different shapes of dog food can be made.
- The cut dog food still contains more water and needs to be dried to make it harder. So you need a dryer to dry it.
- Then it will be stirred and oiled in an oil spraying machine to improve the taste.
- Finally, cool the dog food, and you can also pack the dog food with packing machine.
What is in dog food?
We usually divide the materials that can be used as dog feed into three categories according to source: animal feed, plant feed and mineral feed. Most dog foods mainly include these three parts.
- Animal feed refers to a type of feed derived from animal bodies, including meat, offal, blood meal, bone meal, eggs, and milk of livestock and poultry. Animal feed occupies an important position in dog diets and can provide dogs with high-quality protein, fat and minerals. Protein and fat provide the necessary energy for dog activities, while protein is also an important raw material for building and repairing the body.
- All plant-derived feeds are plant-based feeds, including seeds of crops (such as rice, soybeans, corn, wheat, potatoes, and sweet potatoes, etc.), and by-products after crop processing (such as bean cake, peanut cake, sesame cake, rice bran, etc. ) And vegetables. Plant-based feed is also the main component of dog food. It is rich in carbohydrates, cellulose, vitamins, minerals, starch, etc. In addition, it also contains more organic acids and phytobacteria. All in all, plant-based feed can help stimulate bowel movements, reduce diarrhea and constipation in dogs, and help improve digestion.
3. Generally speaking, there is a certain mineral content in animal and vegetable feeds. Due to the diversity of dog food, the mineral elements in animal and plant feeds can often supplement each other to meet the needs of dogs for most minerals. . However, for certain mineral elements with high demand, such as calcium and sodium, when the feed cannot meet the needs of the dog, the mineral feed needs to be added separately.
The average ingredient content of a serving of scientific dog food
Crude protein: 32%; phosphorus: 0.85%; crude fat: 4% ~ 12%; calcium 1.0%; crude ash: 6.3%; crude fiber: 2.8%. The specific situation varies depending on the specific dog food.
We are professional manufacturer of pet food machine. We produce pet food production line, fish feed production line and animal feed pellet machine. Welcome to check our website to see more details.